Wednesday, September 26, 2012

New Setup

This might be really late, what with the show being back in August,
but here it is ladies and gentlemen; my new setup for my craft show booth!

Here's what's new:
• I incorporated the canopy again (after fixing it) instead of umbrellas.
• I removed the ugly green cover and used a favorite vintage blanket of mine.  More color, more light!
• New handmade banner.
• New display pieces.  The shelves and little bench, painted up a pretty white.
• And for the first time, a payment center! (On the right, in the back.)

Out of everything I think the payment center was my favorite part.  The table and little cabinet held, hid and kept organized everything I needed; cash in the drawers, iPhone with square card swiper in the top cubby with my tea, mailing list on the table, "Credit Cards Accepted" sign on the back of the cabinet, "toolbox" hidden underneath.  It made a specified place for payments to be taken instead of me and the customer just standing in the middle of my booth for everyone to see.  It made me feel better and I noticed it made customers feel better too, made their purchase more of a private affair.



I always get to share my space with my best friend Ana who runs Pretty Bizarre on Etsy, which makes any craft show a blast!

This particular show takes place every year in a big driveway of a very good friends home.
It's small, as far as craft shows go, only about fifteen vendors all known by each other.
It's well attended by friends, family and the public.
Every show is an affirmation of friendship, artistry, laughter and love.
I never miss it.  :D

Here are a few more photos from the show:


This is Chris, the lady behind the show.  She specializes in homemade jams and soaps.


The show seen from the beginning of the driveway.


Maggie and Valerie with hand painted art and homemade treats, delicious!


Jamie and her recycled coffee bag pillows and totes.


Jen peeking from the back with all her unique handmade jewelry.


Some of Jen's bracelets.  You can find her on Etsy as TheBeeArchitect.


Until next time, have a splendiferous day!

1 comment:

  1. I just want to say that I love your booth setup! I've seen a lot of great booths that I love for different reasons. But there is no way I could walk past your booth and not step in. It's so gorgeous and inviting!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the topic!
While you're at it leave me a link to your blog. :)